Sunday, October 16, 2011

Alcohol Culture

 Was anyone sober enough to remember what we ate? No? Ok then. I'm pretty sure it was delicious. And good times were had by all.
Whiskey Cauliflower Cheese Bake

Just about anything can be made scrumptious by baking it with cheese and topping with nuts and breadcrumbs. Especially cauliflower with honey whiskey, because both of those things are pretty delicious on their own.

Preheat to 350. Steam chopped cauliflower florets to soften 'em up. Shred a ton of cheddar cheese and melt it with heavy cream, a tbsp of flour, and a healthy helping of honey whiskey. I believe I also added carrots, onions, and according to the photo, something green (peppers?). I intended to add mushrooms as well, which I'm sure would be really good (because mushrooms are really good), but they were hiding in a paper bag on the table while I made this and only noticed them once I had put the extremely-full pan in the oven and topped it with the cheese sauce & nuts &breadcrumbs and all, so I skipped the mushrooms. Did I mention alcohol was being consumed at the time?

Toss the steamed cauliflower and other vegs in a big baking pan and pour the cheese/whiskey sauce over it. Top with breadcrumbs and chopped mixed nuts and bake for 30 mins or so, until the cheese is brown and bubbly.

                                     Some chickens like beer up the ass. I'm not judging.















Bananas Foster French Toast
Clams in White Wine Sauce
Drunk-Ass Chicken
Rum Cake
Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
Cheddar Ale Dip

Dark N' Stormies

No comments:

Post a Comment